Corned Beef Hash Patties
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 lb. russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch
dice and cooked until tender
- 1 lb. cooked corned beef, shredded into
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 16 poached eggs
Transfer the potato mixture to a large bowl and let cool for about 10 minutes. Add the corned beef, parsley, eggs, flour, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Shape the mixture into 16 patties.
In the electric skillet set on medium-high heat, melt the remaining 2 Tbs. butter with the oil. When it is hot, fry the patties, turning once, until lightly browned and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Transfer 2 patties to each individual plate. Top each patty with a poached egg. Serve immediately. Serves 8.