Collard Greens with Benne Seeds and Chili Oil
- 2 lb. collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens or broccoli rabe, tough
stems and wilted leaves discarded
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 dried hot chilies, broken in half crosswise
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbs. honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. hot chili oil
In a large fry pan with deep sides over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the garlic, chilies, sesame seeds and rosemary and cook, stirring, until the sesame seeds begin to lightly brown, about 1 minute. Stir in the greens and honey. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the greens are well coated with the other ingredients and heated through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the greens to a large bowl and drizzle with the vinegar and chili oil just before serving. Serves 6.