Broccoli Rabe with Pancetta and Kalamata Olives
- 4 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely ground dried bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 lb. pancetta, finely diced
- 3 bunches young, tender broccoli rabe, tough
stems removed (about 2 1/2 lb. trimmed)
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and thinly sliced
Pour the remaining 2 Tbs. olive oil into the fry pan and place over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook, tossing often with tongs, until lightly golden and almost crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the broccoli rabe and cook, stirring often, until it wilts completely but is still bright green, 6 to 8 minutes.
Increase the heat to high and add the lemon juice, garlic and olives. Continue to cook, tossing constantly, until well mixed, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a warmed platter and sprinkle with the reserved bread crumbs. Serve immediately.