Bibb Lettuce and Herb Salad with Vinaigrette
To keep herbs fresh, wrap them loosely in a damp paper towel and store in a zippered plastic bag in the vegetable drawer of the refrigerator.
For the vinaigrette:
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, leaves separated and torn
into bite-size pieces
- 1 bunch fresh chervil, tough stems removed
- 1 bunch fresh tarragon, tough stems removed
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, chervil, tarragon and parsley. Whisk the vinaigrette, drizzle it over the greens and toss to coat the leaves well. Serve immediately. Serves 8.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Easy Entertaining, by George Dolese (Simon & Schuster, 2005).