Beef Brisket Sandwiches
- 1 beef brisket, 4 to 5 lb.
- Salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup beef grilling rub
- 2 small yellow or red onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup lager-style beer
- 10 sandwich rolls, toasted
- Store-bought or homemade barbecue sauce,
warmed, for serving (see related recipe at right)
Put the onions, garlic, stock and beer in a slow cooker. Add the brisket, fat side up. Cover and cook on high for 8 hours according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer the brisket to a carving board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let stand for 30 minutes.
Slice the brisket across the grain and fill the rolls with meat. Pour barbecue sauce into a bowl and pass alongside. Serves 10.