Baked Pasta with Tomato-Basil Sauce
Weeknight dinners don’t get much easier than this. Boil a pot of pasta, toss with our ready-to-use sauce and spoon into a baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bake until bubbly, then serve with a tossed green salad and toasted bread. Be sure to undercook the pasta slightly, as it will continue to cook in the oven.
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 lb. (750 g) garganelli, penne or ziti pasta
- 2 jars (each 1 1b. 10 oz./737 g) tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup (4 oz./125 g) grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 Tbs. thinly sliced fresh basil
Preheat an oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly oil a large baking dish.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until not quite al dente, about 2 minutes less than the package instructions. Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain again.
Return the pasta to the pot and stir in the pasta sauce. Spread in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake until golden and bubbly on top, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then sprinkle with the basil and serve immediately. Serves 6.