Arugula Salad with Tomatoes and Shaved Pecorino
Make this simple summer salad when you want to showcase your favorite heirloom tomatoes. The more varied the colors and sizes of your tomatoes, the better.
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups (5 oz./155 g) arugula
- 2 lb. (1 kg) assorted heirloom tomatoes, large tomatoes cut into
wedges, cherry tomatoes halved
- Shaved pecorino romano for serving
In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar, lemon juice and zest, mustard and sugar. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large salad bowl, combine the arugula and the vinaigrette to taste and toss well. Top with the heirloom tomatoes and shaved pecorino. Serve immediately. Serves 6 to 8.
Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen