Artichoke and White Bean Salad
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. ground fennel seeds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 package frozen quartered artichoke hearts,
- 2 cans (each 15 oz.) white beans, rinsed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano
In a large bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, beans, onion, celery and oregano. Add the dressing and toss to coat the salad evenly. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl or, for transporting, pack in an airtight container. Serves 8.
Make-Ahead Tip: The salad can be prepared in advance, covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Easy Entertaining, by George Dolese (Simon & Schuster, 2005).