A large platter of antipasti opens an Italian-inspired meal with an abundance of flavors, colors and textures, allowing guests to compose their own first course. Any Italian cured meats can be substituted for the coppa and soppressata.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 1/2 lb. coppa dry salami, thinly sliced and skin
- 1/2 lb. soppressata salami, thinly sliced and skin
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 2 cups mixed olives, such as picholine,
Kalamata, Niçoise and oil cured, in any
- Stuffed cherry peppers (see related recipe at
- Mâche with walnut oil and balsamic vinaigrette
(see related recipe at left)
Arrange the salami, walnuts, olives, stuffed cherry peppers and salad in various bowls and plates and place on a large platter or tray. Alternatively, serve the salami and walnuts on one platter, pair the olives and stuffed peppers on a second platter, and offer the salad on a third platter or in a bowl. Serves 6.