A large platter of antipasti opens an Italian-inspired meal with an abundance of flavors, colors and textures, allowing guests to compose their own first course. Any Italian cured meats can be substituted for the coppa and soppressata.
- 1/2 lb. coppa dry salami, thinly sliced and skin
- 1/2 lb. soppressata salami, thinly sliced and skin
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 2 cups mixed olives, such as picholine,
Kalamata, Niçoise and oil cured, in any
- Stuffed cherry peppers (see related recipe at
- Mâche with walnut oil and balsamic vinaigrette
(see related recipe at left)
Arrange the salami, walnuts, olives, stuffed cherry peppers and salad in various bowls and plates and place on a large platter or tray. Alternatively, serve the salami and walnuts on one platter, pair the olives and stuffed peppers on a second platter, and offer the salad on a third platter or in a bowl. Serves 6.