Stuffed Cherry Peppers
- 1 1/2 jars (each 1 lb.) pickled sweet cherry
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 lb. provolone cheese, minced
- 2 oz. prosciutto, minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, chopped
- 3 Tbs. capers, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 4 to 5 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, cheese, prosciutto, pine nuts and capers. Add 3 Tbs. of the olive oil and stir. Continue to add olive oil until the mixture just holds together. Season with salt and pepper.
Fill each pepper with some of the stuffing mixture, mounding it on the top. Top each stuffed pepper with a reserved top. Serves 6.