These traditional demitasses and saucers are the same ones found in European bistros and cafÃ©s. Holding the perfect portion of espresso, the heat-retaining stackable porcelain cups showcase the flavor and aroma of the brew. Matching saucers are large enough to hold sugar cubes and a coffee spoon. These durable serving pieces are made in France by Apilco, a family-owned company that has supplied restaurants with fine porcelain since 1826. Microwave and dishwasher safe. Sets of two.
Crafted by a legendary cookware maker, these espresso cups blend rich color with classic design. Made of durable stoneware with a sleek yet substantial profile, they feature Le Creuset's signature three-ridge design and trademark tonal finish. Perfect for serving and sipping espresso, the cups are stylish everyday essentials to be enjoyed for years to come. Crafted of high-fired stoneware for exceptional strength. Durable enamel-glaze finish is easy to clean and resists chips, scratches and stains. Colors coordinate perfectly with Le Creuset cookware. Microwave and dishwasher safe. Set of four espresso cups.
Perfect for everyday use, our sturdy porcelain espresso cups are designed for relaxed gatherings with family and friends. Their classic white color makes them extra versatileâgreat for mixing and matching with other dinnerware and serving pieces. Part of our Open Kitchen collection, developed exclusively for Williams Sonoma. Made of high-fired porcelain. Microwavable and dishwasher safe. Set of four.
Enjoy espresso the way Europeans do, in elegant white porcelain demitasses that hold the perfect portion of dark, rich brew. Offering the same refined styling and impressive durability as the other pieces in Apilco's Tuileries collection, these diminutive cups are also ideal for serving pots de crÃ¨me. Matching saucers are sized to hold the cups and an accompanying spoon. From Apilco, France's leading producer of commercial-quality porcelain since 1906, these pieces are microwavable and freezer, oven, and dishwasher safe. Set of four.
Apilco's Zen collection offers a clean, simple backdrop to highlight the distinct qualities of your brew. Designed for the perfect quantity of espresso, the cups in this set make an elegant presentation, and the saucers are generously sized to hold coffee spoons and sugar cubes. These durable serving pieces are made in France by Apilco, a family-owned company that has supplied restaurants with fine porcelain since 1826. Made of high-fired porcelain. Microwavable and dishwasher safe. Set of two. Made in France.
Our porcelain cups have hearts of gold. Emblazoned with the phrase "love is love," adorned with multicolored hearts and finished with gold rims, they radiate a message of equality. Designed and available exclusively through Williams Sonoma, each set sold benefits The Human Rights Campaign. Made of high-fired porcelain with transparent glaze. We'll donate 50% of the purchase price of each set to The Human Rights Campaign, America's largest civil rights organization working to end discrimination against LGBTQ people – and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all. Set of four.
Soft, organic edges and a bright red heart give these espresso cups the homespun charm of paper valentines. Crafted of white-glazed stoneware, they lend an endearing presentation for Valentine's Day treats. Crafted of durable glazed stoneware. Softly textured for an organic look. Creamy white glaze with stamped red heart. Microwavable and dishwasher safe. Set of four.
In addition to roasting some of the world's finest coffee, Illy has made significant contributions to contemporary art. Commissioned from photographer Maurizio Galimberti, these porcelain espresso cups and saucers feature his snapshots of architecture in Rome and Milan. The set makes a distinctive gift for lovers of art and coffee alike. Made of high-fired porcelain and finished with a clear glaze. Microwavable and dishwasher safe. Set of two coffee cups and saucers. Cups feature different designs; saucers coordinate with cups. Made in Italy.
Inspired by the legendary 19 th -century American poem, "A Visit from St. Nicholas," these double-walled glass cups serve espresso with charm. Crafted of durable borosilicate glass with gold rims, they coordinate with our 'Twas dinnerware and feature four Christmas scenes rendered in colorful detail. Crafted of durable borosilicate glass. Gold rims are made from 24-karat gold. Hand-applied decals feature artwork exclusive to Williams Sonoma. Dishwasher safe. Set of two, one of each design: Reindeer and Snowman.
Celebrating the city of Porto on Portugal's Iberian Coast, these porcelain espresso cups feature symbols of the port town's endearing charm. Illustrated in the style of beloved Renaissance ceramist Rafael Bordalo Pinheiro, the colorful streetcar, boat, doorway and pagoda are paired with saucers decorated to evoke grass, mosaics and cobblestones. Made of durable, high-fired porcelain with a glossy clear glaze. Microwavable and dishwasher safe. Made in Portugal. Set of four espresso cups and four coordinating saucers, each with a unique design.
Creative Ways to Use Espresso Cups
There are lots of different coffee beverages to enjoy and each has its own type of cup in which it's served. For example, you wouldn't traditionally put regular coffee in an espresso cup and vice versa. If you're unfamiliar with espresso cups, read on to learn more about what these cups are and discover some creative ways to use them.
What are Espresso Cups?
- Espresso cups -- also known as demitasse cups -- are used for the coffee drink of the same name and have an average capacity of between 2 and 3 ounces. The reason the cups are smaller is that espresso is stronger. It also has a richer, more robust flavor.
- These cups are usually crafted from porcelain or ceramic. There are also glass demitasse cups, which usually have metal handles for sturdiness.
- Many top brands such as Le Creuset and Apilco have cups for espresso in their kitchenware collections.
- Saucers are traditionally placed under the cups, not just for style but to protect the table from sloshes and spills.
Flavorful Ideas for Espresso
- Traditional espresso is usually made in a machine and consists of coffee topped with a layer of crema, which is foam formed by the high pressure from the machine. Although many people like their espresso plain, there are other ways to enjoy this beverage.
- Try flavored syrups to add a kick to your espresso. These syrups can be purchased from the grocery store or a specialty coffee shop. They come in a range of delicious options to suit your palate, such as chocolate, caramel and even seasonal offerings like pumpkin spice and peppermint. You don't need to add much -- only a teaspoon or two -- because these syrups are quite flavorful even in small doses.
- A sprinkle of cinnamon can add a spicy kick to your coffee drink. You can sprinkle this spice on your coffee beans before grinding them, or add it on top of the crema.
- For even more spice, sprinkle a little cayenne pepper on the beans before grinding them. A few tablespoons of shaved chocolate can also be added and ground with the beans to offset the heat with a smooth hint of sweetness.
Other Ways to Use Espresso Cups
These miniature mugs are good for more than just coffee. Here are some ideas for using them in other ways:
- Use them to serve garnishes, such as sour cream.
- These cups can also be used to hold sugar or powdered coffee creamer.
- Serve small portions of dessert like pudding or mousse in demitasse cups.
- Fill the cups with a soft dipping cheese and place crackers or chips on the saucer.
Create a Stylish Table
A matching set of these cups adds an elegant look to your table. They come in many different colors to coordinate with any design style. For a crisp look that goes with anything, white is always a good choice. Demitasse cups are a sophisticated way to dress up your kitchen or dining area and make every coffee break special.