- Abaca Rug, Light $595 – $2,250
- Abaca Rug, Dark $595 – $2,250
- Abaca Rug, Chocolate $999 – $1,999
- Abaca Rug, Brown/Black $1,199 – $2,199
- Abaca Round Rug, Light $1,495
- Abaca Round Rug, Dark $1,495
- Sirena Sisal Rug, Palm $695 – $1,695
- Sirena Sisal Rug, Concha $695 – $1,695
- Sirena Sisal Rug, Black Pearl $695 – $1,695
- Sirena Sisal Rug, Cocoa $695 – $1,695
- Canyon Sisal Rug, Limestone $495 – $1,195
- Canyon Sisal Rug, Quartz $495 – $1,195
- Canyon Sisal Rug, Pyrite $495 – $1,195
- Canyon Sisal Rug, Halite $495 – $1,195
- Cairo Sisal Rug, Antique Brass $895 – $1,995
- Cairo Sisal Rug, Platinum $895 – $1,995
- Cairo Sisal Rug, Gun Metal $895 – $1,995
- Diamante Sisal Rug, Platinum $895 – $1,995
- Diamante Sisal Rug, Antique Brass $895 – $1,995
- Diamante Sisal Rug, Gun Metal $895 – $1,995
- Lattice Sisal Rug, Canvas $895 – $1,995
- Lattice Sisal Rug, Timber $895 – $1,995
- Lattice Sisal Rug, Silver Gray $895 – $1,995
- Natural Bordered Rug, Ivory/Natural $395 – $795
- Natural Bordered Rug, Navy/Natural $395 – $795
- Natural Braided Round Rug $395 – $595
- Abaca Flatweave Rug $795 – $1,595
- Customizable Canyon Sisal Rug, Quartz $35 – $2,195
- Customizable Canyon Sisal Rug, Pyrite $35 – $2,195
- Customizable Canyon Sisal Rug, Limestone $35 – $2,195
- Customizable Canyon Sisal Rug, Halite $35 – $2,195
- Nantucket Stripe Natural Fiber Rug Sugg. Price $495 – $995 Sale $299.99 – $639.99
Natural Fiber Rugs
Most people want to have less stress in their life. Between work, caring for kids, and stocking up on everything you need for the week, you have a lot going on. But it’s really refreshing to be able to come home to a haven of relaxation and peace. At Williams-Sonoma, we do our best to help make every day something beautiful. From decorative pillows and artwork to comfy furniture and outdoor options, it’s not hard to create your own stress-free design layout all throughout the house. One great way to make it happen is with natural fiber rugs. Here are a few ways to use them to add a relaxing touch to any space.
Start by designing a calming bedroom. That’s your personal space, so no matter what’s going on, you always have somewhere to take a deep breath and rest. A natural fiber rug transforms the room into a spa with light tones and exotic textures. Basically, anything that reminds you of nature is relaxing. Pair a woven rug with wood furniture and some fresh flowers or plants for added effect. When designing your dream bedroom, either use a couple of rugs along the sides of the bed, or a single large rug spread out underneath the front half of the bed. That way you’re treated to a warm surface when you get out of bed in the morning.
Since most people spend a lot of time in the living room, that’s the next stop on your quest to tranquility. Here, it’s all about happy moments. Maximize the laughter and enjoyment of the good times spent with loved ones. Natural fiber rugs make everyone feel relaxed by creating an informal ambience. With a large rug, feel free to put some snacks and drinks on your coffee table, sprawl out with friends on the floor and watch your favorite movie.
The dining room offers a lot of possibilities for relaxation. Few things are as soothing as the texture of natural fiber rugs on bare feet. So there’s nothing wrong with wearing your robe to the table. In a cozy apartment, the dining room is a great spot for planning the day’s activities along with a cup of warm tea or coffee. And for families who want to spending a couple of minutes together before heading off to work, a woven rug makes the whole experience much brighter. Large sizes fit effortlessly around both round and rectangular tables.
Play around with textures, sizes and tones to your hearts content. That way you can personalize your home. Looking for a beach vibe? Choose a natural fiber rug with light tones and a thick weave. Abaca is a great way to infuse those qualities. For something more rustic, create a layered look. Use a large woven rug underneath, and toss a hide rug on top to create an ambience that works wonders near living room fireplaces.
If you work at home – and even if you don’t – transform your office into a no-pressure environment with a natural fiber rug. The rug’s weave is durable and resilient, so it can handle your daily routine without problems. If your workspace has windows, make sure to let in as much natural light as possible. Sunlight is a good way to cut down on stress, and it creates a positive feel in any room. Complement a woven rug with white or soft paint colors, wood bookcases and plenty of decorative accents to stimulate creativity and boost your productivity.
Don’t forget about the foyer. It’s the first thing you see when you get home, so a welcoming foyer is like a close friend asking about your day. That makes woven rugs a natural choice. What kind of material is best for the entryway? It depends on your home’s personality. If you want something perky and happy, go with golden tones. A darker weave is more like a warm blanket. It makes you feel safe and secure. Either way, natural fibers like abaca and sisal are very easy to clean – most only require a quick vacuuming – so they’re great for areas with foot traffic.