- Peony & Hummingbird Ceramic Lidded Ginger Jar $199
- Ginger Jar with Gold Detail $150
- Yellow Hummingbird Ginger Jar Pom Vase $150
- Yellow Hummingbird Ginger Jar Gourd Vase $150
- Teal Ombre Reactive Glaze Vase $75 – $125
- Horizontal Ridged Vase $75 – $95
- Horizontal Ridged Bud Vase $35 – $45
- Kimono Ginger Jar $295
- Oversize Blue & White Ceramic Lidded Jar $495
- Chinoiserie Bud Vases $35
- Leopard Cloisonne Vases $250 – $350
- AERIN Gold Ceramic Basketweave Vase $70
- Round Sculpted Crystal Vase $450
- Greek Key Cloisonne Vase, Charcoal $150 – $550
- Greek Key and Cherry Blossom Ginger Jar, Gourd $195
- Greek Key and Cherry Blossom Ginger Jar, Lidded $195
- Phoenix Ginger Jar, Temple $225
- Gold Printed Jar, Mosaic $150 – $250
- Gold Printed Jar, Fan $150 – $250
- Indigo Reactive Glaze Vase $150
- Handpainted Floral Ginger Jar, Imperial $195
- Handpainted Floral Ginger Jar, Tall Neck $195
- Crystal Round Vase $295 – $395
- Crystal Bud Vase $395
- Crystal Block Vase $195 – $250
- Crystal Block Vase, Square $450
- Black Crystal Block Vase $350
- Ribbon Glass Vase $35 – $75
- Rose Motif Ginger Jar with Lid $195
- Porcelain Lidded Temple Jar $99
- Petite Ginger Jar, Scroll Motif $65
- Stacked Gourd Vase, Blue/White $199
- Petite Ginger Jar, Cherry Blossom $65
- Petite Ginger Jar, Garden Floral $65
- Petite Temple Jar, Vine Motif $65
- Marbleized Ceramic Vessel $175 – $295
- Marble-Dripped Ceramic Vase, Small, Natural $195
- Marble-Dripped Ceramic Vase, Large, Natural $249
- Ridged Ceramic Vessel $150 – $395
- Twisted Lotus Temple Ginger Jar $450
- Twisted Lotus Ginger Jar $250
- Blue & White Ginger Jar with Lid, Melon $199
- Petite Ginger Jar, Floral Vines $65
- Blue & White Floral Ginger Jar $395
- Cherry Blossom Lidded Ginger Jar $350
- Blue & White Ginger Jar with Lid, 16" Urn $250
- Blue & White Swallowtail Ginger Jar $245
- Blue & White Ginger Jar with Lid, 12" Urn $175
- Blue & White Ginger Jar Imperial Vase $295
- Ceramic Drip Vase $69 – $249
- Ceramic Drip Ginger Jar $325
- Ceramic Herringbone Round Vase $49
- Ceramic Herringbone Tall Vase $69
- Brass Bordered Stone Jar $69
- Sage Crackle Vase Sugg. Price $119 – $129 Sale $94.99 – $99.99
- Greek Key Cloisonne Vase, Rust Sugg. Price $150 – $550 Sale $119.99 – $439.99
- Rustic Marbleized Vase Sugg. Price $50 – $125 Sale $39.99 – $99.99
- Blue Feather Vase Sugg. Price $75 – $125 Sale $75 – $80.99
- Overscale Etched Tartan Crystal Vases Sugg. Price $250 – $350 Sale $98.99 – $139.99
- Faceted Crystal Vase Sugg. Price $395 Sale $196.99
- Rectangular Sculpted Crystal Vase Sugg. Price $450 Sale $359.99
- Crackle Vase, Melon Jar, Orange Sugg. Price $295 Sale $239.99
- Crackle Vase, Lidded Urn, Orange Sugg. Price $295 Sale $239.99
- Alabaster Round Vase Sugg. Price $250 Sale $136.99
- Chain Ginger Jar Sugg. Price $375 – $450 Sale $259.99 – $450
- Dragon Ceramic Vessel, Sepia Sugg. Price $350 Sale $249.99
- Dragon Ceramic Vessel, Sepia, Large Sugg. Price $450 Sale $359.99
- Beige Crackle Vases Sugg. Price $150 – $195 Sale $99.99 – $119.99
- Tibetan Tiger Cloisonne Vase Sugg. Price $295 – $395 Sale $199.99 – $279.99
- Handpainted Iznik Tulip Vase Sugg. Price $175 – $395 Sale $109.99 – $279.99
- Jade Vase Sugg. Price $89 – $99 Sale $59.99 – $79.99
- Organic Metallic Vase Sugg. Price $75 – $95 Sale $44.99 – $59.99
- Turquoise Crackle Ginger Jars Sugg. Price $150 – $225 Sale $99.99 – $159.99
- Dragon Ceramic Vessel, Blue, Large Sugg. Price $450 Sale $309.99
- Two Tone Ceramic Vessel Sugg. Price $150 – $250 Sale $39.99 – $59.99
Vases & Jars
Vases and jars are a big help when accessorizing your home. They add personality, fit almost anywhere and are just as comfortable in small apartments as in larger houses. Williams-Sonoma offers beautiful vases and jars in distinctive sizes and shapes to complement your design vision. Here are a few decorating ideas.
Go bold for your home. True, intense tones are usually best in small amounts, so they don’t overwhelm the room. That’s why vases are a perfect way to introduce pops of color into a space. In a blue room, for example, one or two bright orange or red vases really shine. Playing around with small pieces like that increases your home’s color palette and adds visual excitement.
Vases and jars make great standalone centerpieces. That’s especially true for pieces with well-defined contours and intricate patterns. The idea is to grab everyone’s attention when you walk into the room. Put a centerpiece in the place where you want people to look first – like a luxurious countertop in the bathroom. Of course, fresh flowers work too as long as they fit the ambience you’re trying to create.
Decor should draw everything together in one distinctive style: yours. Accent pieces make that happen by creating a cohesive look throughout the room. For example, if you want the space to feel rustic, use wood vases and decorative objects to support that design. They take advantage of areas like bookcases, shelves and tabletops.
Give your home some oriental inspiration. For a touch of exotic mystery – and a hint of romance – use jars with floral designs and striking contrasts. White and deep blue are the hallmark of Oriental pieces and look very elegant. The ratio of white versus blue is different in every piece, so some seem dark and others light. What you choose depends on the color of your room and how much you want the jar to stand out. In a space with white walls, a dark jar pops beautifully as an accent piece.
If your design vision is lustrous and luxury, pick vases made of metal or Italian alabaster to wow guests. Metallic accents also make a room brighter, reflecting natural illumination and home lighting. Alabaster has a sheen similar to marble but with softer veins. Its white tones are also a good addition to airy spaces.
Want to turn your bathroom into a cozy spot for relaxation? Keep calming vases nearby. If your tub has a bathtub ledge, take advantage of it using warm ceramic decor and some candles too. Earthy, natural tones – like browns and oranges – are very soothing and match most tile colors. Choose whatever makes you feel happy. The vanity countertop is another good spot for a beautiful vase with flowers.
To create a more laidback ambience in the bedroom or living room, think woven. Natural fibers tell you that’s it’s OK to be yourself. The touches of brown match deep leather sectionals and soft rugs very well. That relaxed atmosphere makes guests feel comfortable and contributes to good times with friends and family.
Give your home some artistic flair. Vases and jars are literally works of art. Each one is very different from other designs, so it’s not hard to find something that fits your personal style. It could be an interesting motif, a crackled appearance, or a specific color that stands out. Bottom line, if it gets you really excited, that’s the piece for you.
In the living room, there are several places where vases and jars provide a major impact. If you have a fireplace – and especially a favorite painting located above it – place a pair of small jars on each side of the mantle. A vase is also an excellent centerpiece for your coffee table. Console tables, bookcases, media centers and shelves all offer other nooks for a jar.
Don’t forget to take advantage of the corners of your bedroom as well. Large jars, vases and planters add style to the floor, whereas smaller pieces fit nicely onto a bedside table. Infusing the bedroom with your personality helps you get a good night’s sleep and wake up with a smile on your face.