Willie Bird Fresh Free-Range Organic Turkey, Thanksgiving Delivery
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
The showpiece of many a seasonal celebration, these turkeys have earned nationwide renown for their juicy, flavorful meat. They're shipped to you directly from the famous Willie Bird Ranch in Sonoma County, California. The free-range turkeys are raised on organic grains and are certified to be free of artificial pesticides and chemicals.
- Certified organic by Oregon Tilth.
- Quantities are limited; preorder yours today for automatic Thanksgiving or Christmas delivery (see Shipping tab for details).
- Shipped fresh to arrive chilled and will keep for 7 days refrigerated.
- Product of USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Approx. 10–12 lb. (serves 7–9)
- Approx. 12–14 lb. (serves 9–11)
- Approx. 14–16 lb. (serves 11–13)
- Approx. 16–18 lb. (serves 13–14)
- Approx. 20–22 lb. (serves 16–18)
- Approx. 24–26 lb. (serves 19–21)
- Giblets are included.
- Use & Care
- Your turkey was shipped fresh with ice packs to arrive chilled. Refrigerate or freeze the turkey, still in the vacuum-sealed bag, immediately upon receipt; it keeps 7 days refrigerated and up to 3 months frozen. Remove the turkey from the refrigerator 1 hour before roasting and remove it from the bag. Do not leave the turkey at room temperature longer than 1 hour.
Roasting an Unstuffed Turkey
- A turkey is easier to prepare and roasts more evenly and faster if left unstuffed; the stuffing can be baked separately. The times listed below are calculated for an unstuffed turkey. Bring the bird to room temperature. Place it, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan and roast at 400°F for 30 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and continue roasting until done. Allow 13 to 15 minutes per pound.
Turkey Weight Approximate Roasting Time
- 10 to 12 lb. 2 to 2 1/2 hours
- 12 to 14 lb. 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 hours
- 14 to 16 lb. 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 16 to 18 lb. 3 1/4 to 4 hours
- 20 to 22 lb. 3 3/4 to 4 1/2 hours
- 24 to 26 lb. 4 to 4 3/4 hours
Roasting a Stuffed Turkey
- Stuff the turkey just before putting it in the oven (do not stuff it earlier). Spoon the dressing loosely into the body and neck cavities. Do not overfill, as the dressing will expand during roasting. Truss the turkey. To facilitate removing the stuffing, first line the inside of the cavity with a double layer of cheesecloth, allowing it to extend beyond the cavity by a few inches. Then spoon the stuffing inside. After roasting the bird, gently pull the overhanging cheesecloth and the stuffing will slip out easily, neatly tucked inside the cheesecloth. To ensure that a stuffed turkey cooks evenly, roast the bird slowly, breast side up, at 325°F, covering the breast loosely with foil for the first two-thirds of the roasting time. Using the chart at left, add about 30 minutes to the total cooking time for stuffed birds weighing 16 lb. or less, and about 1 hour for birds weighing more than 16 lb.
Testing for Doneness
- The breast and thighs must reach different internal temperatures for ideal doneness. The breast should register 165°F and the thigh, 175°F. Begin testing for doneness 30 minutes to 1 hour before the total roasting time is reached. To test the breast using an instant-read thermometer, insert it into the meatiest part, several inches above the wings.To test the thigh, insert the instant-read thermometer alongside the opening of the main cavity underneath the drumstick, away from the bone. This is the meatiest part of the thigh.
- The turkey will continue to cook internally after you remove it from the oven, so you may take it out when the thermometer registers 3°F to 4°F below the minimum temperature. Then cover the bird loosely with aluminum foil. If roasting a stuffed bird, be sure the stuffing reaches 165°F. After taking the turkey out of the oven, let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes. This allows time for some of the juices to be absorbed back into the meat, which makes it easier to carve and more moist. If roasting a stuffed bird, remove all of the stuffing at serving time.
- 100% Fresh turkey (organic).
To ensure freshness, this item is shipped overnight from the supplier and is not eligible for rush shipping.
- For Thanksgiving delivery, order by 11:59PM ET, Friday, November 17; ships November 20 to arrive by November 22.
- For Christmas delivery, order by 11:59PM ET, Sunday, December 17; ships December 20 to arrive by December 22.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. Delivery surcharges apply. View Shipping Options and Charges. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
- About Willie Bird Turkeys
The Benedetti family started raising turkeys in Northern California’s Sonoma County back in 1948. In 1963, Willie Benedetti developed the formula for the now-famous Willie Bird Turkey, which the family raises in the rolling, oak-studded hills just east of Santa Rosa. The birds roam freely around the grassy acreage, tended and nurtured by Willie, his brother Riley and their cousin Rocky Koch. The best we’ve tasted, Willie-Bird free-range turkeys are raised with care, fed only the best natural grains and vegetable proteins, and never treated with hormones or antibiotics.
You May Also Like
Williams Sonoma Turkey Gravy Base
Williams Sonoma Organic Turkey Gravy Base, Herbs de Provence
Brining Bags, Set of 3
Rated 5 out of 5 by Myriam from Great product We just followed the included instructions and had a great Thanksgiving dinner. It was flavorful, moist and tender.Date published: 2016-12-15Rated 5 out of 5 by grandmaD3 from organic turkey I had my first Willie Bird turkey this year, and it was the BEST turkey I've ever cooked or eaten. It arrived on schedule, icy cold. It needed nothing but veggies, and was very juicy and tasty. I will definitely order again and will send as gifts. Thank you Williams-Sonoma and Willie Bird!!!Date published: 2016-11-25Rated 4 out of 5 by KitchenWitch12 from Well worth the cost An outstanding product. Shipped safely and arrived right on time in perfect condition. The flavor and tender meat can't be beat. Will order again next year.Date published: 2015-12-28Rated 5 out of 5 by FamilyofCooks from Our Thanksgiving Turkey since 2005! Willie Bird has been delivering turkeys to our house for a decade now. We've never been disappointed. Always tender, moist, deeply colored dark meat (from the good life), priced fairly. We haven't needed to brine these birds - a basic piece cook method with thermometer on a roasting pan with onions, celery, and herbs delivers fantastic flavor. Thank you W&S and Willie Bird!!Date published: 2015-11-29Rated 5 out of 5 by EliseBalcom62 from Yummy bird! Our Willie Bird was fantastic! I used a roasting bag, and it cooked perfectly!Date published: 2015-11-27Rated 1 out of 5 by jhh22 from Wrong product 2 years running This is the third year that I have ordered the pre-brined turkey for our Thanksgiving dinner. The first year it arrived and I was delighted with it; it was juicy and delicious! Unfortunately the past 2 years the turkey arrived not brined. Although it was good, it wasn't what I ordered and nothing different than what I could pick up at our local market for much less expense. Each time WIlliam Sonoma did credit me the difference in price but I'm still quite baffled how this happened 2 years in a row! Needless to say I won't do this again next year!Date published: 2015-11-27Rated 5 out of 5 by Cookgood from Best Turkey 3 years in a row I'm ordering this turkey again this year. My house has become known as the official Thanksgiving Dinner house because of this turkey. Everyone looks forward to the organic Willie Bird. I have to admit I do not follow the instruction for cooking, I use a high temperature method, where you start out at a higher temp and gradually reduce the temp. You can look this up on the internet. I season with herbs and baste in butter. This is the juiciest and most flavorful turkey ever.Date published: 2015-10-13Rated 3 out of 5 by ukgk from Was okay, wouldnt order it again. We wanted this to be great - so we'd be getting a humanely raised and butchered turkey. But the meat was dry and tasted very gamey. Also, the way the birds are raised results in less weight/fat and less meat on the bones. It wasn't horrible, but it certainly wasn't worth it for us. I doubt we'll opt for one again. I have to say, the Customer Service was a bit rude and snarky when we called inquiring when our bird would be delivered... Unusual for WS.Date published: 2014-09-17