Breville Precision Brewer™ Drip Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $50 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card through March 25. Learn More
The Breville Precision Brewer is the world's first 12-cup drip coffee maker precise enough to deliver craft filter brewing, automatically. Experience your favorite coffee at its best regardless of its origin, age or roast with precise temperature and brewing time. The Precision Brewer offers a unique brewing menu that allows you to make a full 12-cup (60-oz.) carafe in less than 7 minutes, a Gold Cup–standard brew, an extra-strong brew, iced coffee, a cold brew or your own custom brew.
- Gold Cup–certified brewer of the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
- Digital temperature (PID) thermo-coil heating and pump system allow for precise and adjustable water temperature control.
- Steep & release valve provides exceptional control over water-coffee contact time for consistently excellent coffee.
- Select from six brewing modes: Fast, Gold, Strong, Over Ice, Cold Brew or My Brew.
- Fast mode: Brew up to 12 cups in less than 7 minutes.
- Gold mode (recommended): Certified by the SCA to meet rigorous technical requirements using the cone filter basket.
- Strong mode: Brew settings are automatically adjusted so you get a stronger cup of coffee.
- Over Ice mode: Brew up to 4 cups of stronger coffee that tastes great when poured over ice.
- Cold Brew mode: Brew up to 20 oz. of cold-brew coffee with adjustable steeping time between 0–16 hours and coffee delivered into your favorite vessel.
- MyBrew mode: Brew up to 12 cups with your choice of brew temperature, bloom time and flow rate.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12 1/4" x 6 3/4" x 15 3/4" high
- 10 lb.
- 60-oz. water tank.
- Model # BDC450BSS1BUC1.
- 60-oz.-cap. dual-wall stainless-steel thermal carafe keeps coffee fresh and hot.
- LCD display with simple rotary dial controls.
- Programmable Auto-Start feature.
- Descaling alert and automatic descaling cycle.
- Child-lock safety feature.
- Includes cone filter basket and gold tone filter basket.
- Brushed stainless-steel body with BPA-free plastic parts.
- Auto-pour over mode can be used with the Breville Pour Over Adapter, sold separately at www.breville.com
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- The outer housing and LCD screen can be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth.
- The coffee basket and gold tone filter can be rinsed under running water. For a deeper clean, wash the coffee basket and gold tone filter in warm, soapy water with a soft bristled brush.
- Rinse the carafe and lid under warm running water. For a deeper clean, we recommend regularly washing the carafe in warm, soapy water using a soft bristled brush. Do not use abrasive cleansers, pads or cloths, which can scratch the surface. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- We recommend regular descaling. The LCD screen will flash “DESCALE” when it's time to run the descale cycle.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 2 out of 5 by jlu73 from Constantly needed to be descaled -- not worth it! This coffee maker worked great for about a month. Then it started slowing down, and alerted us that it needed to be descaled. It took a few days to get the descaling agent, and in that time, the coffee maker basically stopped working. I descaled it once, and it got a little better. Descaled it again, and it seemed to go back to normal. However it started the descaling process again a month later. Even before it alerted me to the need to be descaled, the coffee started taking longer and longer and tasting like sludge. This is just too high maintenance for me -- for coffee that doesn't taste any better than a Cuisanart. So I bought a Cuisanart.Date published: 2019-01-16Rated 5 out of 5 by jenniferford from Breville has the best coffee maker on the market! Breville has the greatest most amazing coffee pots on the market! My husband and I bought the thermal coffee maker and it is absolutely amazing! It is digital so you can set it for anyway that you like your coffee plus you can set the temperature plus there are a ton of features that we are still learning about! We have a Bunn coffee maker and we thought that was top of the line but no Breville is definitely the best of the best! You can even make cold coffee! Plus it comes with two filters one is a basket and one is a cone or you can get filters! I just think it is one of the best coffee makers my husband and I have ever tried! We definitely will not be going back to our Bun because Breville is absolutely too of the line and it's like having a luxury coffee maker in your home! No more coffee shops if you have this coffee maker because I am telling you you will not go back to any other coffee maker plus you can make any drink that a coffee shop has right in your home and plus it tastes amazing! We drink coffee like crazy and this is like a dream come true for us! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2018-12-28Rated 5 out of 5 by hlian from the best coffee brewer This is the best coffee brewer.It just one machine but you can make hot and cold coffee that is amazing.This machine also had adjustable temp and makes 12 cups of coffee in just 7 min,you can choose fast,gold,strong or over ice coffee that is just cannot be better.It is not only amazing quality product but design is also beautiful,stainless steal looks amazing in the kitchen.Also easy to take care and clean this machine. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2018-12-21Rated 5 out of 5 by longhornis from Amazing Taste and Range of Options My wife and I have been semi-exclusive cold brew drinkers for years. We've never liked the burnt taste of cheap coffee makers that over heat the water. In comes the Breville Precision Brewer. I love the ability to set the temperature of the water, bloom time and generally control the taste of my coffee. From the start we've used the Gold Cup standard setting and have been very happy with the results. Throw in the ability to cold brew or strong brew for pour over ice and you have a coffee maker that does it all. Extremely happy with coffee maker and looking forward to expanding the ways we drink coffee. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2018-12-19Rated 4 out of 5 by Danfle1978 from Amazing all around This is amazing. It is so quiet and works wonderful. Only thing I do not like is it dont have a feature to rewarm up tour coffee in the pot. This is the only reason I gave it 4 stars. But very easy to use. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2018-12-13Rated 5 out of 5 by samnjock47 from Precision Brewer Thermal I just received mine it is a very nice brewing machine. It took me a minute to figure it out but overall it is very easy to use. It makes the best coffee I absolutely love love love it. I do say this is the best brewer I've told all my friends and family they have to buy one. Thank you it is amazing. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2018-12-13Rated 5 out of 5 by Rocky32 from More than I expected! I am in love with the design of this brewer first and foremost! It fits in perfectly with any style decor I believe and comes with great programmable features. I enjoy my coffee much more than I ever did before after trying the Breville brewer and enjoy experimenting with different coffees at home. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2018-12-10Rated 5 out of 5 by AngelDawn65 from Amazing Machine So I recieved this coffee machine a couple days ago. Not going to lie when I opened I was a little intimidated. It was very easy to unbox. Then after reading through the quick star pamphlet I was impressed how easy it was to get started. It comes with easy to read set up instructions as well as a detailed pamphlet. It also comes with a scoop, metal filter basket, filters and a plastic basket. You can make hot, cold, single cup and it has a host of settings that are super simple to follow. I truly am so impressed with this machine for functionality to how beautiful it is on my counter. It has to be the best at home coffee I have ever made. The carafe also keeps the coffee hot the entire day. I would highly recommend this product if your in search of a long lasting, durable, multifunctional machine. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2018-12-10
What size coffee filter does this machine use8-12 cup, flat base basket style with ~ 3¼"/8.25cm baseDate published: 2019-03-19
I just purchased this machine and was wondering what size is the flat bottom filter when brewing 12 cups?Hi Stephen, The 8-12 cup, flat base basket style filter has a ~ 3¼"/8.25cm base.Date published: 2019-02-25