Breville Precision Brewer™ Drip Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
The Breville Precision Brewer is the world's first 12-cup drip coffee maker precise enough to deliver craft filter brewing, automatically. Experience your favorite coffee at its best regardless of its origin, age or roast with precise temperature and brewing time. The Precision Brewer offers a unique brewing menu that allows you to make a full 12-cup (60-oz.) carafe in less than 7 minutes, a Gold Cup–standard brew, an extra-strong brew, iced coffee, a cold brew or your own custom brew.
- Gold Cup–certified brewer of the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
- Digital temperature (PID) thermo-coil heating and pump system allow for precise and adjustable water temperature control.
- Steep & release valve provides exceptional control over water-coffee contact time for consistently excellent coffee.
- Select from six brewing modes: Fast, Gold, Strong, Over Ice, Cold Brew or My Brew.
- Fast mode: Brew up to 12 cups in less than 7 minutes.
- Gold mode (recommended): Certified by the SCA to meet rigorous technical requirements using the cone filter basket.
- Strong mode: Brew settings are automatically adjusted so you get a stronger cup of coffee.
- Over Ice mode: Brew up to 4 cups of stronger coffee that tastes great when poured over ice.
- Cold Brew mode: Brew up to 20 oz. of cold-brew coffee with adjustable steeping time between 0–16 hours and coffee delivered into your favorite vessel.
- MyBrew mode: Brew up to 12 cups with your choice of brew temperature, bloom time and flow rate.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12 1/4" x 6 3/4" x 15 3/4" high
- 10 lb.
- 60-oz. water tank.
- Model # BDC450BSS1BUC1.
- 60-oz.-cap. dual-wall stainless-steel thermal carafe keeps coffee fresh and hot.
- LCD display with simple rotary dial controls.
- Programmable Auto-Start feature.
- Descaling alert and automatic descaling cycle.
- Child-lock safety feature.
- Includes cone filter basket and gold tone filter basket.
- Brushed stainless-steel body with BPA-free plastic parts.
- Auto-pour over mode can be used with the Breville Pour Over Adapter, sold separately at www.breville.com
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- The outer housing and LCD screen can be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth.
- The coffee basket and gold tone filter can be rinsed under running water. For a deeper clean, wash the coffee basket and gold tone filter in warm, soapy water with a soft bristled brush.
- Rinse the carafe and lid under warm running water. For a deeper clean, we recommend regularly washing the carafe in warm, soapy water using a soft bristled brush. Do not use abrasive cleansers, pads or cloths, which can scratch the surface. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- We recommend regular descaling. The LCD screen will flash “DESCALE” when it's time to run the descale cycle.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Peggy from Great all the way around I have owned many coffee makers and this one is hands down the best. Well designed with easy programming but what I really appreciated is the removable basket. Much easier to fill with no spilled coffee grounds caused by bumping something when the basket remains attached as many do. I found my local Ace Hardware carry’s the large coffee filters as well. Carafe keeps our coffee hot and fresh for hours. This is the best maker for large brews. Highly recommend!Date published: 2018-11-17Rated 4 out of 5 by Illinois mom from Great cup off coffee It’s a little loud. The only other feature I wished this had was a removable water tank. I have to pull it out from under my cabinet to fill with water every morning. That’s kind of a bummer but the coffee makes up for itDate published: 2018-11-04Rated 5 out of 5 by Rmorri from Great Coffee! I bought this machine a month ago after much research and then waiting for a price reduction. I am very glad to have spent the money for this excellent coffeemaker. Using the “gold standard” option, ordinary coffee is transformed into extraordinary coffee. I was quite surprised that this machine really did enhance the flavor so distinctly. I have not yet tried the machine in the 12-cup setting or the cold brew, but expect them to be of equal quality. Also, the carafe is perfect, so easy to lock and unlock and to pour from without dripping.Date published: 2018-10-19Rated 2 out of 5 by linda from had high hopes...but super disappointed I was excited to buy a drip with great features. I have owned several nespresso machines...love the taste and strength but I want a full tumbler cup..ready when I get to the kitchen in the am. So going back to a drip was the answer. This model even in "strong " mode is just not strong. I have yet to get a very hot cup of coffee even set at the highest temp. I have to use a microwave to heat up the coffee. YUK! I have other Breville products that I really like, so I bought the "brand" with confidence. Needs descaling often...the descale memo goes on after a few uses post descaling. BIG BUMMER!Date published: 2018-10-03Rated 1 out of 5 by frankholliday from what happened? I got this as a wedding present in Nov. It worked great and I loved it. Then it started slowing down and taking forever to brew a pot of coffee. like one hour or more. tHEN DESCALEDlight came on. Descaled twice.Now just as slow but flashes machine too hot to brew. So sad about this ,not sure what to do?Date published: 2018-05-21Rated 5 out of 5 by Niko from Consistent, reliable, and customizable! I have had this brewer for over a month and not a day goes by that I am not absolutely blown away every time that I use it. As a coffee roaster, the ability to use the general "Strong" carafe setting as well as to being able brew individual cups and choosing how each cup is bloomed, I am over the moon with how fantastic a simple set-and-forget brewer allows me to test each of my coffees to ensure top quality with different ways to brew. The carafe itself keeps coffee hot for hours and the clean up makes the Breville Precision Brewer Thermal an absolute winner. Assembly is simple and with something so advanced to have only a single button is something I think that everyone can appreciate.Date published: 2018-04-29Rated 5 out of 5 by coffeeaficionado from Upping my Coffee Game I'm always on the quest for that perfect cup of coffee and this machine exceeded my expectations. Seriously, one of the smoothest cup of coffee I've brewed at home. It's a powerful machine that is easy to use and looks great in the kitchen. While I've only used the automatic presets, this coffee machine has plenty of customized/advanced options for the true coffee snob. I can confirm that there is a little bit of residual water that gets left in the water tank, but I don't mind dumping it out. Also, the carafe which keeps the coffee really warm without burning it. I'm looking forward to using the "over ice" and "cold brew" feature this summer.Date published: 2018-04-14Rated 5 out of 5 by Janetlee from Makes the very best home brewed coffee! Don’t believe the negative reviews! This coffee maker makes great coffee. We have have two-one in our main house and one in our second home. Very rich tasting, never a burned flavor. Truly a wonderful drip coffee maker with a great spray over the grounds. We use with a brown large size paper filter which you can find on Amazon. Try it - so much better than any others on the market!Date published: 2018-04-08
I just purchased this machine and was wondering what size is the flat bottom filter when brewing 12 cups?Hi Stephen, The 8-12 cup, flat base basket style filter has a ~ 3¼"/8.25cm base.Date published: 2018-12-12