Win a Trip to Charleston Wine + Food Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The 2019 Win a Trip to Charleston Wine + Food Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Williams-Sonoma, Inc., our sweepstakes partners, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Williams Sonoma, Inc., 3250 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94109.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on February 1, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. United States Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on February 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period").
4. How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Promotion Period, visit http://www.williams-sonoma.com/charlestontrip and follow the provided instructions to complete and thereafter submit the entry form. If you choose to submit your entry via your web-enabled mobile device, data rates may apply. See your wireless service provider for details on rates and capabilities.
Limit Each participant may enter only one time during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Grand Prize Drawing: On or around February 16, 2019, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The winner will be notified by mail, email or phone. Sponsor will make two (2) attempts to notify potential Winner. Except where prohibited, winner (or winner’s parent/legal guardian, if a winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release, which must be received by Sponsor within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE Available: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, winner will be awarded one (1) prize, as described in Exhibit A attached to these Official Rules. Estimated Retail Value ("ERV") of prize: $4,995 USD. Actual Retail Value (“ARV”) may vary based on, among other things, availability, existing rates at time of booking, dates of travel, and point of departure. Any difference between ERV and ARV will not be awarded. All details of prize will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
Prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Certain restrictions apply. Prize does not include accommodations, transportation, or parking beyond that specified herein. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to substitute ground transportation for air transportation depending on winner’s place of residence. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date, and must have valid travel documents (e.g., valid government issued photo ID and/or passport) prior to departure, and failure to do so will result in forfeiture of prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full fare will be charged from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the trip. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Prize may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. All travel and lodging will be at the risk of winner and guest. Winner is solely responsible for all expenses and costs associated with acceptance and/or use of prize not specifically stated herein as being awarded, including, without limitation any and all taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of prize, travel insurance, ground transportation (other than as described above), security and airport fees, taxes, insurance, gasoline, meals, gratuities, and souvenirs. Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to make any deductions and withholdings that Sponsor deems necessary or desirable under applicable federal, state and local tax laws, rules, regulations, codes or ordinances.
Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of prize due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, and is not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof. Dates and/or times of any event associated with prize is subject to change. Applicable events are subject to cancellation. If winner chooses to travel or attend any event associated with the prize with no guest, the remaining elements of prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Guest, if any, may be required to execute and return releases of liability and, where legal, publicity releases, which must be returned to Sponsor, or guest portion of the prize will be forfeited. If any Guest is a minor, winner must be such minor’s parent or legal guardian and must execute and return the applicable liability and/or publicity releases on such minor’s behalf.
7. Odds: Many will enter, only one (1) will win. Actual odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Release: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators to release and hold harmless Sponsor and respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and its parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel related thereto). Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. Publicity: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each entrant’s consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules).
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in San Francisco County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
13. Sweeps Results: For any legally required winners’ list and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Win a Trip to Charleston Sweepstakes c/o Williams-Sonoma Marketing Department, 3250 Van Ness Ave., San Francisco, CA 94109
• Roundtrip, coach-class airfare for winner and one (1) guest from a major airport near the winner’s residence within the United States to Charleston, SC;
• Hotel Accommodations at The Dewberry (double occupancy, standard room);
• Two (2) Charleston Wine + Food Culinary Village Passes; and
• One (1) Mark & Graham Travel Bag