- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 2 1/2 lb red-skinned potatoes, cut into cubes
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 3 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1/3 cup nonfat evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil
In a large saucepan over high heat, bring the potatoes, water, stock and pepper to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
Remove from heat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer about half the potatoes to a medium bowl. Using a potato masher, mash until almost smooth. Return the mashed potatoes to the saucepan. Add the zucchini and stir to blend.
Return the saucepan to medium heat, cover and simmer, stirring once or twice, until the zucchini are tender and wilted, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the evaporated milk, basil and chopped tomatoes.
To serve, ladle into individual bowls.