White Chicken Chili
A satisfying pot of chili is a snap to prepare when you use our white chili starter. If desired, you can substitute 1 to 1 1/4 lb. ground chicken or turkey for the cubed chicken breast. Serve our Chive-Cheddar Biscuits alongside (see related recipe at left).
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 to 1 1/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 jar (32 oz.) white chili starter
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro for serving
- Sour cream for serving
In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Working in 2 batches, brown the chicken, 4 to 5 minutes per batch.
Return all the chicken to the pot and reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the white chili starter and stir to scrape up the browned bits from the pan bottom. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Ladle the chili into warmed bowls and serve with tortilla chips, cilantro and sour cream. Serves 6.