Watermelon Salad with Purple Basil and Feta
- 1-inch-thick slice seedless watermelon, cut from center (1 to 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup pitted Niçoise or Kalamata olives
- 5 oz. feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup lightly packed small fresh purple basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Sprinkle with the olives, feta cubes and basil leaves, then drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Cooking for Friends, by Alison Attenborough and Jamie Kimm (Oxmoor House, 2008).