Turkey and Manchego Sandwiches
Many other ingredients will work equally well for these sandwiches. Experiment with your favorite cured meats and cheeses, or make a smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich with crisp greens.
- 24 French or sourdough baguette slices, each about 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup whole-grain mustard
- 5 oz. smoked turkey, thinly sliced
- 5 oz. Manchego or aged pecorino cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula or spinach leaves
Assemble the sandwiches
Spread each baguette slice with about 1 tsp. mayonnaise and spread half of the slices with the mustard. Divide the turkey, cheese and arugula among the slices without the mustard and top with the remaining baguette slices.
Arrange the sandwiches on a platter and serve. Makes 12 small sandwiches.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Small Plates, by Brigit L. Binns (Oxmoor House, 2007).