Roasted Acorn Squash with Onions and Sage
Capturing the essence of autumn, this savory side dish combines acorn squash with red onions and fresh sage, all roasted on a single baking sheet. It’s the perfect partner for roasted pork, chicken or turkey.
- 2 acorn squash, about 2 lb. (1 kg) total, halved, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 red onions, each cut into 8 wedges, with root end intact
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh sage
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat an oven to 375°F (190°C).
On a nonstick baking sheet, toss together the acorn squash, onions, olive oil and sage, and season with salt and pepper. Spread the squash mixture out in a single layer and roast until the squash is tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm. Serves 4.
Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen