Ricotta, Fig & Prosciutto Bruschetta
- 24 French or sourdough baguette slices, each about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup fig jam or preserves
- 1 1/4 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 6 thin slices prosciutto, each cut into 4 pieces
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat an oven to 350°F.
Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush lightly with the olive oil. Bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
Assemble the bruschetta
Spread each toasted baguette slice with a generous teaspoon of the fig jam. Top with a dollop of the ricotta and a piece of prosciutto. Season with pepper and serve immediately. Makes 24 bruschetta.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Small Plates, by Brigit L. Binns (Oxmoor House, 2007).