Ranch Club Panini
Our version of the classic club sandwich combines chicken, bacon, avocado and provolone cheese, and is grilled to golden-brown perfection on a panini press.
- 8 slices country Italian bread, each 1/4 inch thick
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 bacon slices, cooked until crisp
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each about 8 oz.
- 8 tsp. buttermilk ranch rub*
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into slices 1/4 inch thick
- 8 slices provolone cheese, about 6 1/2 oz. total
Preheat a panini press to 400°F according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil. Turn the slices over and spread with the mayonnaise. Top 4 of the slices with the bacon, dividing evenly.
Butterfly the chicken breasts, cut each one in half and pound to 1/4-inch thickness. Rub each piece with 2 tsp. grilling rub. Place the chicken on the panini press, close the lid and cook, turning once, for 4 minutes. Place 1 chicken piece on each of the bacon-topped bread slices and top with the avocado and cheese, dividing evenly. Cover each sandwich with one of the remaining bread slices, oiled side up.
Place the sandwiches on the panini press, close the lid and cook until the bread is golden and crisp and the cheese is melted, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
* Available at Williams-Sonoma stores.