Phyllo Ice Cream Cups with Summer Fruit
- 4 sheets phyllo dough, each about 12 by 16
inches, thawed if frozen
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 quarts strawberry ice cream
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Sliced peaches for serving (optional)
Lay 1 phyllo sheet on a piece of waxed paper or aluminum foil. Brush thoroughly with some of the melted butter. Top with the remaining 3 sheets, brushing each one with some of the butter. Cut the stack of sheets into pieces about 4 inches square so you have 12 layered squares in all. Tuck each layered square into a prepared muffin cup, pressing it in gently with your fingertips.
Bake until the cups are crisp and golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand until cool enough to handle. Then remove from the muffin cups and let cool completely on wire racks.
Just before serving, place each cup on a dessert plate. Fill each cup with a scoop of ice cream and top with sliced strawberries. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a peach slice, and serve immediately.