Oysters with Pink Peppercorn Mignonette
Seasoned with ground peppercorns, mignonette is a classic sauce that is served with raw oysters. Here, we add freshly ground pink peppercorns. Fruity and slightly sweet, pink peppercorns are not true peppercorns but are the dried berries of the Baies rose plant.
- 1/3 cup diced shallot (about 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pink peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup Prosecco or other dry sparkling wine
- 24 oysters on the half shell
In a small bowl, combine the shallot and vinegar and let stand for 10 minutes. Add the ground pink peppercorns, salt and Prosecco and stir to combine. Arrange the oysters on individual plates or a platter and serve the sauce alongside.