Oysters on the Half-Shell with Scallops, Horseradish, Lime and Golden Osetra Caviar
- 40 oysters, well scrubbed and rinsed
- 7 large fresh sea scallops, each cut
horizontally into 6 thin slices
- 3 limes
- 4 tsp. freshly grated horseradish
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 4 small pink radishes, thinly sliced crosswise
- 6 oz. golden osetra caviar
- 1 celery heart, tender yellow leaves only
To prepare the marinade, strain the oyster liquid into a small bowl. Juice 2 of the limes and add the juice to the bowl. Finely grate the zest of the remaining lime and cut away all of the white pith to expose the flesh. Segment the lime and cut the flesh into small dice. Add both zest and fruit to the bowl, then whisk in the horseradish, Tabasco and pepper.
To serve, sprinkle each scallop slice with a couple of grains of coarse salt. Drizzle about 1/4 tsp. of the marinade over each oyster and scallop, and garnish with a radish slice, golden osetra caviar and some celery heart leaves.