Hamachi with Beets and Horseradish
This recipe from Chef Michael Solomonov calls for labaneh, a Middle Eastern yogurt cheese. If it is unavailable, use plain Greek yogurt instead.
- 6 oz. hamachi (yellowtail), very thinly sliced
- 4 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated peeled roasted beets
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated fresh horseradish
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup labaneh or Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Arrange the hamachi on 4 plates, dividing evenly. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
In a bowl, stir together the beets, horseradish, lemon juice, labaneh, chives and parsley. Place a dollop of the salad mixture on each portion and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Recipe by Chef Michael Solomonov, Zahav, Philadelphia.