Grilled Margherita Pizza
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 batch thin-crust pizza dough (see related recipe
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup baby arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Kosher salt, to taste
In a small fry pan over low heat, warm the olive oil. Add the garlic, then remove the pan from the heat.
Using a rolling pin or your hands, gently roll out or stretch the pizza dough into a 10-inch round. Lightly dust a pizza peel with flour and lay the dough on top. Lightly brush the dough with the garlic-infused olive oil. Scatter the mozzarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheeses evenly over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Arrange half of the tomatoes on top.
Carefully slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone, cover the grill and bake until the crust is golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Scatter the remaining tomatoes, the arugula and basil on top and season with salt. Using the pizza peel, transfer the pizza to a cutting board and cut into slices. Serve immediately. Serves 2 to 4.