Greek Feta Spread (Kopanisti)
Feta cheese whips up into a smooth, creamy spread when blended with olive oil in the food processor. The Greeks like to flavor it with garlic, mint and pickled peppers to make a piquant dip for pita bread. Serve it with radishes and cucumber spears for dipping, too.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 1/2 lb. Greek or French feta cheese
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh mint or 1 tsp. crumbled
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, plus more as needed
- 6 Italian peperoncini (pickled green peppers),
chopped, plus more as needed
In a food processor, combine the cheese, olive oil, garlic, mint, the 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes and the 6 chopped peperoncini and process until smooth. Taste and add more red pepper flakes or peperoncini, if needed. Transfer to a serving bowl. Makes 1 1/2 cups; serves 4.