Dark Chocolate–Banana Milkshakes
These rich milkshakes will get rave reviews for both their thickness and their flavor. The bananas help to thicken the shakes, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup gives them a deep, dark chocolate flavor.
- 2 bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1 pint (16 oz./500 g) dark chocolate ice cream
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) whole milk, plus more if needed
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream for garnish (optional)
Slice the bananas and add them to a blender. Add the ice cream, chocolate syrup and 1/4 cup milk. Blend until smooth, adding more milk if necessary to achieve the desired thickness.
Pour the milkshakes into chilled tall glasses and garnish each shake with a dollop of whipped cream. Serves 2 to 4.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Dessert of the Day, by Kim Laidlaw (Weldon Owen, 2013)