Curried Crab Salad with Mango-Mojo Sauce
- 1 lb. asparagus, tough ends removed
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 cup water, if needed
- 1/2 lb. fresh-cooked crabmeat, broken into
pieces and picked over to remove any
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives, plus more for
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder (see related recipe at left)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a blender, combine the mango, lime juice, garlic and cumin and blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, thin to a sauce consistency with the water. Set the sauce aside.
In a bowl, combine the cut asparagus, crabmeat, cucumber, mayonnaise, the 1/4 cup chives and curry powder. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the crab salad on a plate. Garnish with the reserved asparagus spears and a sprinkling of chives. Pass the sauce at the table.