Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Truffle Oil and Chives
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cups chopped leeks, white portion only,
- 2 heads cauliflower, outer leaves and stalks
removed and florets separated into 1-inch
- 3 cups unsalted chicken or vegetable stock,
or canned broth
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. finely ground toasted coriander seeds
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- White truffle oil for serving
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives (about 1/4-inch-
Using a stick blender, puree the soup directly in the pot until it is very smooth and creamy. Alternatively, using a food processor, puree the soup in batches. Press the soup through a chinois or other fine-mesh sieve set over a clean saucepan or soup pot. Season with salt and white pepper. Keep the soup warm over low heat until ready to serve.
Ladle the soup into warmed individual bowls, drizzle each serving with a few drops of truffle oil and garnish with a pinch of chives. Serve immediately.