A sophisticated spin on a traditional Mexican recipe, our time-saving simmering sauce makes it easy to create a hearty, delicious meal.
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 jar chipotle simmering sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- Steamed rice, cilantro leaves and lime wedges for serving
Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper.
In a saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Working in 2 batches, brown the chicken. Return all the chicken to the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low and add the chipotle simmering sauce. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes, adding the corn during the last few minutes of cooking.
Top the chicken dish with the avocado. Serve immediately with steamed rice, cilantro leaves and lime wedges. Serves 4 to 6.