Chicken Stracciatella with Baby Spinach
- 6 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 2 cups bite-size pieces roasted chicken (see
related recipes at left)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, beat the egg with the cheese. While stirring the soup, pour the egg mixture into the pan¿it will form tiny flakes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the flakes are set, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and serve immediately. Serves 6.
An exclusive online recipe from Williams-Sonoma Collection Series, Chicken, by Rick Rodgers (Simon & Schuster, 2001).