UP TO 75% OFF NEW MARKDOWNS
- Square Hardware Finials Sugg. Price $50 – $70 Sale $34.99 – $70
- Bottom Border Rod Pocket Drape, Natural Sugg. Price $225 – $325 Sale $157.99 – $227.99
- Bottom Border Rod Pocket Drape, Navy Sugg. Price $265 – $325 Sale $185.99 – $227.99
- Bottom Border Rod Pocket Drape, Smoke Sugg. Price $225 – $325 Sale $157.99 – $227.99
- Greek Key Linen Drape, Ivory Sugg. Price $295 – $375 Sale $206.99 – $262.99
- Greek Key Linen Drape, Grey Sugg. Price $295 – $350 Sale $206.99 – $244.99
- Greek Key Linen Drape, Camel Sugg. Price $295 – $375 Sale $206.99 – $262.99
- Velvet Rod Pocket Drape, Ivory Sugg. Price $195 – $275 Sale $136.99 – $192.99
- Velvet Rod Pocket Drape, Taupe Sugg. Price $195 – $275 Sale $136.99 – $192.99
- Belgian Linen Rod Pocket Drape, Natural Sugg. Price $195 – $275 Sale $136.99 – $192.99
- Belgian Linen Rod Pocket Drape, Ivory Sugg. Price $195 – $275 Sale $136.99 – $192.99
- Belgian Linen Rod Pocket Drape, Smoke Grey Sugg. Price $195 – $275 Sale $136.99 – $192.99
- Velvet Rod Pocket Drape, Graphite Sugg. Price $195 – $275 Sale $136.99 – $192.99
- Belgian Linen Rod Pocket Drape, Navy Sugg. Price $195 – $275 Sale $136.99 – $192.99
- Block Shape Crystal Finials Sugg. Price $65 Sale $51.99
- Sphere Crystal Finials Sugg. Price $65 Sale $51.99
- Square Crystal Finials Sugg. Price $65 Sale $51.99
- Basic Cap Finials Sugg. Price $35 – $50 Sale $27.99 – $50
A windows home sale is a terrific time to choose your window treatments without emptying your wallet. Get quality curtains without breaking the bank. Cotton canvas rod pocket drapes in neutral colors can enhance any room’s decor and will blend in with your wall paint color. Hang the drapes with precision for an elegant window dressing. Keep them open during the day to let in natural sunlight. Close them at night for privacy.
Find a rug that coordinates with the drapes. Hand-knotted rugs give texture, and flatweave designs fit neatly beneath furniture. Select from intricate details to muted hues to bold colors and patterns. Retro shag rugs are comfy and give off a hip vibe. Whatever rugs you choose, they are certain to pull a room together while also providing cushioning for your feet. If you have hardwood floors, they also protect the floors from nicks and scratches. They add warmth to a tile floor.
Dress up your walls with something a little different, like cool artwork or eccentric paintings. We have geometric prints, dramatic abstracts and contemporary close-ups at Williams-Sonoma for the discerning art lover or a newbie to the art world. Find something of interest to you, and it will become a conversation piece in your home, as well as a focal point.
Hang mirrors where you want to add reflection. A mirror on an opposite wall from the artwork reflects that image. Mirrors placed opposite a window open up the room by reflecting the light, adding dimension and highlighting your window treatments. Alternatively, put the mirror in a dark hallway or a small room to make the area appear larger. Mirrors come in art deco styles, shabby chic and traditional. A zebra frame adds some safari attraction to the room, or hang a rounded square mirror for dimension. Floor-length mirrors are ideal in master or guest bedrooms, and also at the end of a hallway to add depth. Put a large rounded mirror or a rectangular key design in a foyer for one last check before you head out the door.
Scatter vases and jars around your house for a simple accessory. Fill them with live tropical flowers or greenery. For low maintenance, fill them with faux florals or dried herbs like lavender or rosemary. If you have tall ceilings, a vase or ginger jar filled with dried corkscrew willows or cattails and placed on a tall bookshelf or armoire looks stunning in a very natural way. Stick aromatic potpourri in jars to add fragrance to any room.
Scented candles in candleholders add ambience and put a nice scent in the air. Tapers are elegant on a dining room table or fireplace mantel. Hurricane lamps and votives can go just about anywhere. Have one in the kitchen to hide strong odors like onions and garlic. Place several near a bathtub for a relaxing bubble bath. Fill candleholders with citronella to keep bugs away on your patio, porch, deck or balcony.
Accessorize your home with lighting where you need it most. A table lamp is ideal on an end table beside a recliner for reading the newspaper. Place one on a nightstand to read before bed or to catch up on the computer. Wall sconces illuminate hallways and stairwells with subtle yet effective lighting. Chandeliers are eloquent above a dining room table and add formality to a bathroom. Use floor lamps where you need light, but don’t have furniture to put a table lamp. Floor lamps fit well in tight quarters too. Lighting is a necessity in your home, and it adds a decorative element to the entire house. Tripods look architectural while funky, eclectic lamps add a gypsy aura. Classic lamps continue traditional tones or go for contemporary, way-out-there lamps to draw attention.