Williams Sonoma Cast-Iron by Staub Shallow Oven
- Only at Williams Sonoma
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
We collaborated with Staub, French masters of cast-iron craftsmanship, to design our signature line of high-performance enameled cast-iron cookware. Each piece is optimized for specific methods of cooking, with thoughtful features to streamline tasks. This shallow Dutch oven has a wide, round shape to make room for browning and braising cuts of meat. It's perfect for smaller one-pot meals – stews, braises, casseroles, curries and more.
- 4-qt. cap.
- Heavyweight cast iron absorbs, transfers and holds heat exceptionally well for uniform cooking.
- Multicoat enameling creates glossy, vibrantly colored ombré exterior finish that resembles fine ceramic.
- Textured matte-black enameled cooking surface contains traces of quartz to enhance searing and browning.
- Glass lid with stainless-steel handle provides tight seal that locks in moisture, ensuring tender, juicy results.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Designed by Williams Sonoma and crafted in France by Staub.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 4-qt. cap.
- 12" diam., 15 3/4" long with handles, 7 1/2" high with lid
- 11 lb. 8 oz. with lid.
- Made in France.
- Durable enameled finish resists rust, chipping and cracking.
- Requires no seasoning.
- Heat-resistant, stainless-steel handle on lid is easy to grasp.
- Large loop cast-iron handles provide secure, comfortable grip, even when you're wearing oven mitts.
- Heat-retaining cast iron keeps food warm at the table.
- Compatible with all cooktops, including induction.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- For best results, use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring pan slowly to high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking pot for a few minutes in hot soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Crazy Black Horse from Sauté in half the time! Purchased this a month ago and it has now become my ‘go to’ pan. Prepare hash browns in half the time it takes in a non-stick Williams Sonoma Calaphon fry pan. Start a pasta sauce by browning meat and sauté vegetables before creating the sauce and there is still room to meld the pasta! I don’t have to worry about staining the enamel with the flat black glazing, like I do my other Le Crueset dutch ovens. Love the glass lid to check on progress. I may even try using it for a small paella.Date published: 2019-10-21Rated 5 out of 5 by Lexylou2 from My favorite I've owned this Shallow Oven Pan for several years now and couldn't be happier with how it wears and cooks. With the non-stick interior, it's easy to clean and the glass lid makes peeking easy. I use it often because it is so versatile. The price is excellent compared to other brands and just as good in my opinion.Date published: 2018-12-23Rated 5 out of 5 by mtnboxer from One of the best pans I own I have 2 of these and use them almost everyday. Love the way they cook and ease of cleanup. To store I put a cloth over the pan then place the lid inverted on top..just make sure the pans stay nice.. Very happy with this pan.Date published: 2018-01-28Rated 3 out of 5 by Tina from Expected better quality. I bought this about three months ago but didn't use until recently. After four uses with proper handling and caring (strictly followed instructions) edges have chipped. If I could I would return it back but it has passed 30 days after I bought it.Date published: 2017-11-21
What is the width of the bottom of the pan (cooking surface) and the height of the pan only (without the lid)? Also, what is the weight of the pan only (without the lid)? And lastly, this is a TRUE staub, correct? Made exactly like their other cookware? Hi Emlb, The bottom diameter is 10”. The height of the pan without the lid is 3”. The weight of the pan without the lid is 10 lbs. We designed this braiser but it is crafted in France by Staub.Date published: 2019-11-05
Can you use metal utensil to cook?Hi Creativecooking, Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only as metal utensils may damage the enamel.Date published: 2019-10-04