Terra-Cotta Clay Baker
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Discover a healthier way to oven-roast foods. Our clay baker is based on traditional cooking vessels used in cuisines from Europe to Africa to Asia. Soak the baker in water before cooking and it becomes a steamy "oven" for roasting meat or a whole chicken. The result is tender, succulent meat that's rich in flavor and natural nutrients.
- Terra-cotta covered baker cooks chicken or meat in its own natural juices, similar to a brick oven.
- Porous, unglazed earthenware absorbs and maintains moisture to conduct heat gently and evenly for tender results.
- Tight-fitting lid circulates heat while sealing in juices and flavor.
- Roast meats, poultry and vegetables with no oil, fats or basting.
- Covered vessel is also great for baking and serving casseroles and stews.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 11 1/2" x 8 1/2" x 7 3/4" high.
- 6 lb. with lid.
- Made in China.
- Interior of base is glazed to simplify cleanup.
- Glaze is lead-free and cadmium-free.
- Unglazed earthenware exterior will darken naturally with time and use.
- Use & Care
- Before first use, scrub and rinse baker thoroughly in hot water to ensure clay residue is removed.
- For best cooking results, soak baker for 10–15 minutes in cold water before using in the oven. If using frozen poultry, ensure that it is completely defrosted and cleaned before cooking.
- Place baker into a cold oven, which should then be heated to 400°F. Normal cooking time should be increased by 15–20 minutes to allow oven to reach cooking temperature.
- There is no need to add water or to baste food while cooking. Season to taste.
- For additional browning, the lid can be removed in the last few minutes.
- Food can be kept warm in the baker, without overcooking, by leaving the lid on after it has been removed from oven.
- Hand-wash in hot water with a little dish soap. Scrub with a brush or sponge.
- After washing, rinse thoroughly.
- Always ensure the baker is completely dry before replacing lid and storing.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Angie from Best baking dish ever I bought this pot a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it! So far I have used it to bake a whole chicken, chicken thighs, and lamb chops. All dishes were extremely moist and tender. The pot is super easy to clean. I highly recommend purchasing this pot.Date published: 2017-09-20