Staub Cast-Iron Essential French Oven Stag Design, Grenadine
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
With sloping, tapered sides designed for easy stirring, and a self-basting lid to hold in moisture, Staub's Essential French Oven is ideal for making slow-cooked roasts, stews and tagines as well as creamy risottos or a classic coq au vin. Its versatility makes it a kitchen mainstay and a symbol of French culinary heritage.
- 5-qt. capacity.
- Heavyweight enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Innovative domed Chistera lid has interior spikes that promote self-basting to keep food moist.
- Iconic stag head pattern debossed into lid.
- Multicoat enameling creates a glossy, vibrantly colored "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramics and is resistant to rust, chipping and cracking.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 10 1/4" diam., 4 1/2" high; 7" high with lid.
- 5-qt. cap.
- 12 lb. with lid.
- Specially formulated black matte interior enamel of each piece contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a rougher surface, resulting in better browning.
- Smooth enameled base is compatible with all cooktops, including induction; not recommended for glass stove tops.
- Requires no additional seasoning.
- Extra-heavy lid seals in moisture for tender, flavorful results.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction; not recommended for glass stove tops.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- No seasoning required; for best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring your pan slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot, soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cudagirl from Beautifully Crafted I can not say anything bad about this Stag. It is absolutely beautiful. I get comments on it everywhere I take it. It cooks splendidly with the nonstick coating. I think it is my best Staub purchase yet. Well worth the money for this one. The size is also more versatile.Date published: 2019-02-05