We Take the Cake Seashell Cake
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
A beachcomber's delight, our summery cake celebrates the pleasures of a seaside stroll. Handcrafted by the expert artisans of Florida's We Take the Cake bakery, this stunning dessert features four layers of rich, moist lemon cake. In between each layer, you'll find plenty of strawberry cream cheese frosting studded with ripe, juicy strawberries. The luscious cake is covered in vanilla buttercream icing that's artfully decorated with feathery branches of coral. For a fabulous finishing touch, the towering treat is embellished with hand-sculpted fondant seashells.
- 6" diam., 4" high (serves 8–10).
- 4 lb.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cake ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove cake from bakery box and place in the freezer where it will keep for up to 3 months, or defrost in the refrigerator overnight and keep for up to 7 days.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. If frozen, remove plastic from cake while still frozen and place bakery box in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, allow the cake to come to room temperature, approx. 4 hours before serving. To serve, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container, where it will keep for up to 3 days refrigerated.
- Lemon Cake: Flour, butter, sugar, vegetable shortening, sour cream, fresh eggs, baking powder, baking soda, salt, lemon extract.
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting: Cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, strawberry concentrate.
- Fresh strawberries.
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting: Butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, salt.
- Fondant: Sugar, corn syrup, cocoa powder, water, caramel color, palm oil, glycerin, gum tragacanth, potassium sorbate, cellulose gum, natural flavors, artificial flavors, modified cornstarch, acetic acid, food coloring (brown, blue).
Please allow 2-7 business days for processing and delivery. This gives our artisan partners time to prepare your order with exceptional care and attention to detail. A more accurate delivery date will be quoted on the payment page. Perishable food items are not eligible for rush shipping. Please not that we do not ship perishable food items outside the contiguous 48 states or to P.O. Boxes.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.