- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
In the hospitable South, no party is complete without cheese wafers, and Mamie's cheddar cheese version is famous in the region for good reason. Made from a family recipe using all-natural freshly grated cheddar cheese, butter, pecans and cayenne pepper, this slice-and-bake dough combines convenience with true homemade flavor. It bakes up so quickly and beautifully that it alleviates all the anxiety of last-minute entertaining.
- Two 14 oz. dough logs; each log makes forty-two 1 1/2" diam. wafers.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- The wafer dough ships frozen with ice packs. Upon receipt, place the dough in the freezer, where it will keep for up to 3 months.
- To thaw the dough, let stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes. Position 1 rack in the upper third of an oven and 1 rack in the lower third. Preheat an oven to 350°F. Cut the dough into 1/8"-thick rounds and place 1 inch apart on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes, rotating the sheets 180 degrees and switching them from top to bottom halfway through baking. Transfer the baking sheets to wire racks and let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer the wafers to the racks and let cool completely.
- Cheddar cheese (milk, cream, cheese culture, salt, enzymes, natamycin), flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), butter, pecans, cayenne pepper.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by coquilter from Awesome Cheese Wafers I LOVE these cheese wafers!! I slice some for a snack for before dinner for company. I want to always have these on hand. Williams-Sonoma don't stop having these, please.Date published: 2015-06-26Rated 5 out of 5 by DALEX from Great with wine We had these with Pinot Grigio as an appetizer and everyone loved them.Date published: 2013-08-04Rated 5 out of 5 by AlabamaTony from Easy last minute appetizer I received these as a gift. They were wonderful. These are the perfect mix between cheese straws and slice and bake cookies. I keep a roll in my freezer for spur of the moments guests.Date published: 2013-05-16Rated 1 out of 5 by SueQW from Not my thing I was expecting to like these based on reviews and that they were made up things that I like: cheese, nuts, and pastry, but they are blah to me and not worth the calories. My husband loved them, thus, you either really like them or could easily skip. I would rather have a triscuit with cheese on it instead:)They were easy to make on the plus side.Date published: 2013-05-08Rated 4 out of 5 by MTHH from Easy tasty treat I recommend this product. Tastes great and lasts a good while if taken care off. I bought over a year ago, put in freezer. Then, over the 2012 holiday season invited my in-laws. I thawed and served the wafers as appetizers and they raved about them. Thumbs up and I'm not usually crazy about nuts.Date published: 2013-01-02Rated 2 out of 5 by SEMS from A lot of money for something so tasteless I made these wafers for a New Years Eve party. I was very disappointed. They are easy to make and look nice but they are not very flavorful.Date published: 2012-12-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Patlynn from Delicious! My family loves these. My daughter, who normally abhorrs nuts of any kind, can't stop eating these. They are rich, cheesy, with just a hint of nutty flavor. I sliced a few a bit thicker, and found that it tasted great that way too! Remember to keep the product almost fully frozen for easy slicing.Date published: 2012-11-11Rated 5 out of 5 by Izzy from So Good! So Easy! These are great! It is so much fun to entertain when you can serve something different and wonderfully good - AND - so easy to prepare. Try them - your guests will think you're a kitchen goddess...Date published: 2012-09-13