Grow Your Own Christmas Tree in a Pot
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Start a new holiday tradition – grow your own Christmas tree with this fun and easy kit. The experts at Urban Architecture have included everything you need to sprout a Douglas fir seedling indoors. In approx. 8 months, plant the tree outdoors and watch it grow through the years. Eventually, you'll have a majestic evergreen you can decorate every holiday season.
- Includes one packet of Douglas fir seeds, one bag of organic soil, one recycled tea-bag grow container and one enamel pot with rubberwood lid.
- Recycled tea-bag container provides optimum drainage and soil aeration.
- After approx. 8 months when the tree reaches 6"–8" high, it will need to be replanted outdoors.
- Mature Douglas fir trees (Pseudotsuga menziesii) can reach up to 40'–60' high in 5–7 years.
- Assembled in USA by Urban Architecture, an LA-based company known for innovative grow kits.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Packet of organic Douglas fir seeds.
- 1 lb. organic soil.
- 5" diam., 8" high recycled tea-bag grow container.
- 5" diam., 8" high enamel pot with rubberwood lid.
- Growing instructions.
- Assembled in USA.
- Use & Care
- Planting: Place the recycled tea-bag container inside the enamel pot. Fill it with the soil, then add water to saturate the soil. Empty packet of seeds on top of the wet soil in the center of the container. Cover with the lid. Place pot in refrigerator for 20 days.
- Sunning & Watering: Your refrigerator has prepared the seedlings for germination, but now it's time for some heat. Place pot – without lid – in a warm, sunny indoor spot. Water it regularly to maintain moist soil, but don't overdo it.
- Sprouting: In 15–45 days, seeds will germinate and you will begin to see sprouts. Now, move pot to a location for sprouts to grow in gentle sun and moderate temperature. Allow soil to dry between watering.
- The Great Outdoors: When tree has outgrown its bag, it's time to plant it outdoors. Choose a location that is 10–12 ft. from any trees or obstructions. Cut off the bottom of bag and transplant tree.
- Hardiness Zones: 4–6. Tree can be grown in Zone 7 with extra care during hot and dry periods.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.