Farmer D Cedar Planter with Heirloom Seeds & Organic Soil
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Our all-in-one kit includes everything you need to enjoy a harvest of edible flowers and leafy greens. The flowers make beautiful additions to salads, soups and desserts. Incorporate the leafy greens in salads, soups and stir-fries. The complete kit also makes a great gift for your favorite gardener.
- Kit includes cedar planting box, an 8-qt. bag of Farmer D Organic Planting Mix, an organic edible flowers seed mix and an organic leafy greens seed mix from San Francisco’s Fire Escape Farms.
- Fire Escape Farms Edible Flowers Organic Seed Mix: Includes borage, anise hyssop, feverfew, lemon mint, Blue Boy bachelor's button, Zeolights calendula, Lemon Gem marigold, Alaska nasturtium, Helen Mount johnny jump up, sweet william, lemon balm, chives, garlic chives, sweet marjoram, bouquet dill and cilantro. Net weight 1g.
- Fire Escape Farms Leafy Greens Organic Seed Mix: Includes lacinato kale, rainbow lacinato kale, Red Russian kale, Osaka Purple mustard, red giant mustard, Ruby Streaks mustard, tatsoi and Ruby Red chard. Net weight 1g.
- Planting box with drainage holes is crafted of 1"-thick boards of FSC-certified sustainable untreated western red cedar that is naturally resistant to insects, moisture and decay.
- Box is 16" x 8" x 5 1/2" high; 0.4-cu.-ft. cap.
- Farmer D products are made following socially responsible, environmentally friendly business practices.
- Handmade in USA.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- Seeds require partial to full sun.
- Edible Flowers Seed Mix: Plant in spring. Direct sow as soon as soil warms to 55°F; 30–90 days to harvest.
- Leafy Greens Seed Mix: Plant spring through summer. Soil temperature for germination 55-75°\F. Sow every 3 weeks for a continuous supply; approx. 28 days to harvest.
- Cedar will slowly develop a gray patina and last for many years without any maintenance.
- To extend the life of the wood, treat with linseed or tung oil once a year.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.