Staub Cast-Iron Round Cocotte
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Staub's innovative enamel coating takes cast-iron cooking to the next level with improved performance, style and durability. A heavy lid to seal in moisture paired with heat-retaining cast iron make this oven ideal for slow-cooking homemade chili or a hearty stew.
- Heavyweight enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Color selections feature multicoat enameling to create a glossy, vibrantly colored "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramics.
- Matte Black oven features multi-coat enameling with low-gloss matte finish.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like other cast-iron pieces.
- Specially formulated black matte interior enamel contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a textured surface that results in better browning.
- Dozens of precisely placed bumps on the lid's interior funnel evaporated juices directly back down on top of food for additional basting.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 2 3/4-Qt.: 8 1/4" diam., 3 3/4" high; 9 lb. with lid.
- 4-Qt.: 9 1/2" diam., 4 1/2" high; 10 lb. 8 oz. with lid.
- 5 1/2-Qt.: 10" diam., 4 1/2" high; 12 lb. with lid.
- 7-Qt.: 11" diam., 5 1/4" high; 15 lb. 15 oz. with lid.
- 9-Qt.: 12" diam., 5 1/2" high; 17 lb. 5 oz. with lid.
- 13 1/4-Qt.: 13 1/2" diam., 6 1/2" high; 22 lb. 10 oz. with lid.
- Smooth enameled base is compatible with all cooktops, including induction.
- Extra-heavy lid seals in moisture for tender, flavorful results.
- Lid knob on Red, Sapphire Blue, Basil, Graphite and Emerald pieces is made of nickel-plated brass; lid knob on Black Matte is brass.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- For best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring pans slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- More about Staub
Staub traces its origin to the Alsace region of France, where founder Francis Staub designed his first enameled pot while working in an old French artillery factory in 1974. With the goal of creating the perfect pot for cooking the region’s traditional hearty soups, stews and braises, he combined cast iron, the most popular material of the time, with the latest enameling technology available. Today, Staub still makes its cookware at a traditional atelier in France, casting each pot in an individual sand mold, which is heated to 800°F and destroyed after use. The exterior enamel coating is made with glass powder and mineral pigments, applied in two or three coats to generate brilliant glossy colors.
Rated 5 out of 5 by QualityFan from Beautiful design with great function The science behind Staub dutch ovens is amazing. The lid has these "nipples" that facilities moisture dripping back in the cocotte. Good heavy weight to the lid to prevent moisture from escaping too. Beautiful, durable enamel finish. Everything I make in this cocotte is amazing! I prefer Staub over Le Crueset because of its design and the amazing lid. I've had it for 3 years and I still put it back in its box after each use because it's one of my most valued equipment in my kitchen! Each family kitchen should have at least one Staub cocotte.Date published: 2017-08-27Rated 5 out of 5 by CulinaryCailliers from Great Cocottes We purchased two of these in different sizes and both have worked out tremendously well.Date published: 2017-06-14Rated 1 out of 5 by Maria from The enamel coating come off I bought a Staub Cast-Iron Round Cocotte a couple months ago, the enamel coating has come off. In the beginning I thought it was food sticking to the pot, but it came off more and more, so I realize it was the enamel coating which come off.Date published: 2017-02-22Rated 5 out of 5 by alexgal from BEST PURCHASE EVER I am truly in love with this pot - versatile, makes amazing dishes, and very easy to clean/store. The color - grenadine is my favorite, not as bright and too flashy, as LC. After I purchased this pot, I literally had to buy a matching fry pan. Simply in love with them, and recommend to anyone!Date published: 2017-02-20Rated 5 out of 5 by LaurieWM from What a jewel in any kitchen's crown! I bought my 5 qt Basil Staub Cocotte on sale before the holidays. This beautiful pot is an absolute delight to use, magnificent on stove top and in the oven, and is such a visual delight I can't wait to use it again! Love this brand and will definitely buy more!Date published: 2017-01-16Rated 1 out of 5 by Stephanie83 from Disappointing Quality I had ordered the Royal Blue 4 Qt pot. I followed the instructions that came with the package strictly about oiling the pot and heating at low heat prior to first use. The first time I used it, the enamel on the rim of the cocotte and the part of the cover that touches the rim started peeling off. I figured that I just received a lemon and had it replaced. The replacement arrived today and the enamel around the rim and cover were peeling off. I haven't even removed it from the box yet. This is going back. I am disappointed with the brand. I had such high hopes for it and wanted to buy more pieces but changed my mind. If the enamel peels off so easily, I would not like to risk cooking food in it.Date published: 2017-01-12Rated 5 out of 5 by Brightbluesky1 from True quality cookware I'm in heaven! This is how much I love my gorgeous new Staub Cocotte Dutch Oven. Absolutely worth the money. I will put this to great use and plan on passing this down to my daughter as she gets older. Highest quality pot out there! Excellent find. The Basil color is a perfect match for me. Love the deep yet fresh basil color. I need a frying pan in the same color! You will not regret this cookware.Date published: 2017-01-04Rated 5 out of 5 by Christine74 from LOVE STAUB! Having never owned quality cookware, I now fully appreciate how incredible it can be to cook! I bought the set of 7 pieces which was lovely but I felt rather large & impractical for my family. So I decided to purchase the Staub pots I knew I'd use every day individually, plus I could mix and match colors! So I wound up with this pot here (4 quart) in blue, then the grey (3 quart) tall pot with handle, then another (2-3/4 quart) in grenadine, and finally the adorable rice pot (1.5 quart I think) in blue (great for Mac & cheese btw!) So save your pennies and get these pots if you can. Your cooking will improve and you'll find clean up is a breeze and fun! They shine up so lovely. It's a purchase I was reluctant to make but so glad I did!Date published: 2016-12-01