Staub Cast-Iron Round Cocotte
Cast iron’s unparalleled ability to retain heat makes this oven a great choice for slow cooking homemade chili or a hearty stew. Staub’s innovative enamel coating takes cooking with cast iron to the next level with improved performance, style and durability.
- Color selections feature glossy multi-coat enameling that ensures strength and heat resistance and creates a vibrantly colored “majolique” finish similar in appearance to fine ceramic for oven-to-table presentation.
- Matte Black selection features multi-coat enameling with low-gloss matte finish.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- The specially formulated black matte interior enamel of each piece contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a textured surface that results in better browning.
- The smooth enameled base is compatible with all cooktops including induction.
- Dozens of precisely placed bumps on the lid’s interior funnel evaporated juices directly back down on top of the food for more even basting.
- Extra-heavy lid seals in moisture for tender, flavorful results.
- Lid knob on Red, Sapphire Blue, Basil, Graphite and Emerald pieces is made of nickel-plated brass; lid knob on Black Matte is brass.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 2 3/4 Quart: 8 1/4” diam. x 3 3/4” high, 9 lb. with lid.
- 4 Quart: 9 1/4” x 4” high, 10 lb. 8 oz. with lid.
- 5 1/2 Quart: 10” x 4 1/2” high, 12 lb. with lid.
- 7 Quart: 11” x 5 1/4” high, 15 lb. 15 oz. with lid.
- 9 Quart : 12” x 5 1/2” high, 17 lb. 5 oz. with lid.
- 13 1/4 Quart: 13 1/2” x 6 1/2” high, 22 lb. 10 oz. with lid.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- For best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring your pan slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher Safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
Next Day Delivery