Staub Oval Cocotte
The oval shape and cast-iron construction of this oven make it ideal for roasting a chicken. Staub’s innovative enamel coating takes cooking with cast iron to the next level with improved performance, style and durability.
- Red, Sapphire Blue, Basil and Graphite color selections feature glossy multi-coat enameling that ensures strength and heat resistance and creates a vibrantly colored “majolique” finish similar in appearance to fine ceramic for oven-to-table presentation.
- Matte Black selection features multi-coat enameling with low-gloss matte finish.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- The specially formulated black matte interior enamel of each piece contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a rougher surface resulting in better browning.
- The smooth enameled base is compatible with all cooktops, including induction.
- Dozens of precisely placed bumps on the lid’s interior funnel evaporated juices back down on the food for more even basting.
- Extra-heavy lid seals in moisture for tender, flavorful results.
- Lid knob on Red, Sapphire Blue, Basil and Graphite pieces is made of nickel-plated brass; lid knob on Black Matte is brass.
- 7-quart: 12 3/4" x 10 1/2" x 4 3/4" high, 7-qt. cap., 14 lb. 11 oz. with lid.
- 8 1/2-quart:13 3/4" x 11" x 5" high, 8 1/2-qt. cap., 19 lb. 4 oz. with lid.
- Made in France.
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- For best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring your pan slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher Safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.