Ruffoni Copper Fondue Pot
Legend has it that fondue was created by a shepherd in the Swiss Alps who was inspired to heat his nightly dinner of wine and cheese in a pot, then ate the concoction with bread. Our heavy-gauge copper fondue pot, handcrafted in Italy, allows for a full repertoire of fondues – from appetizers to entrées to desserts – from the single pot.
- Crafted of hand-hammered copper for excellent heat conductivity.
- Interior is lined with durable nonreactive tin.
- Use the pot alone for oil-based fondues, or insert the porcelain liner for melting cheese or chocolate.
- Riveted brass handles.
- Sturdy cast-iron stand.
- Chromed burner allows adjustment of the flame (fuel not included).
- Includes 6 stainless-steel forks with stay-cool wooden handles; additional forks are sold separately.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- 6 1/4" diam., 10 1/4" high overall.
- Outer pot: 2-qt. cap.
- Ceramic insert: 1-qt. cap.
- 6 lb. 3 oz. with insert.
- Made in Italy.
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pot empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pot to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored over time. This is normal. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the lining's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.