Mauviel Copper Sugar Pot
Pastry chefs and confectioners rely on this traditional copper pot to heat sugar or sugar syrups for making candies and desserts. Made in France, the pan can be used for preparing everything from pralines, caramels and hard candies to Italian meringue and buttercream frostings.
- Unlined 2mm-gauge copper for superior heat conductivity and temperature control.
- Flat base and straight sides encourage sugar to melt swiftly and smoothly.
- Riveted tubular copper handle.
- Narrow spout simplifies pouring.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 1 1/4-Qt. Pot: 5 1/2" diam., 3 1/4" high; 1 1/4-qt. cap.; 2 lb. 3 oz.
- 2-Qt. Pot: 6 1/2" diam., 3 1/2" high; 2-qt. cap.; 3 lb. 6 oz.
- Made from 2mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Because the copper pot is unlined and highly reactive to ingredients, it should be used only for cooking with sugar – never for general cooking.
- Allow pot to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- More about Mauviel
In 1830, Ernest Mauviel established his namesake cookware company in Villedieu-les-Poêles in Normandy. The village had a long history of outstanding metalwork; the locals were considered experts in the craft. Today, much of the manufacturing is still done by hand using traditional processes passed down through generations of copper makers. True to France’s rich culinary history, Mauviel 1830 is a favorite in professional kitchens, where copper’s quick, even heat conductivity is essential for making delicate sauces and other French classics. Mauviel now also offers stainless-steel collections crafted with the same attention to detail as its traditional copper cookware.
You May Also Need
Bar Keepers Friend
Mauviel Copper Cleaner
- Free Fast Shipping