Mauviel Copper Stockpot
Mauviel cookware is made in France of copper, a material prized for its ability to transfer heat quickly, distribute it evenly and cool rapidly. Polished to a gleaming finish, this pot measures as high as it does wide to increase the absorption of flavors into the liquid when making stocks and soups.
- Heavy-gauge 2mm copper for superior heat conductivity and temperature control.
- Tin-lined interior is nonreactive and easy to clean.
- The tall shape of this pot helps reduce evaporation and seals in the flavor of stocks, soups and sauces during cooking.
- Riveted bronze handles.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9 1/2" stockpot: 11 3/4-qt. cap.
- 11" stockpot: 18-qt. cap.
- 12 3/4" stockpot: 26 1/2-qt. cap.
- Made from 2mm-gauge copper.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pot empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pot to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored over time. This is normal. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the lining's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.