de Buyer Mineral "B" Fry Pan
With its classic French shape, this fry pan excels for searing, browning and grilling as well as cooking omelettes and sautéing vegetables. Made of 99% iron with no chemicals or coatings added, this pan has an organic beeswax finish for a naturally stick-resistant surface.
- Made of 99% iron, a natural mineral material.
- Organic beeswax finish—denoted by a "B" in the pan's center—protects pan against oxidation, helps in the seasoning process and improves nonstick quality.
- With use, the pan darkens and develops a naturally nonstick surface, and the "B" in the center will disappear.
- Allows high-heat searing to seal in food flavors, juices and nutrients.
- Safe for use on all heat sources including induction.
- Triple-riveted steel handle.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 10" fry pan: 10"diam.; 4 lb.
- 12" fry pan: 12"diam.; 5 lb. 12 oz.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any type of cooktop, including induction.
- Oven and broiler safe.
- Hand wash only. Use hot water, and just a few drops of gentle soap if necessary. Do not soak pan.
- Remove any residue with a nonabrasive scouring pad.
- After washing, dry pan and lightly season: Add a few drops of cooking oil to pan and wipe with a paper towel, leaving a thin layer of oil on pan before storing.
- Season pan before first use: Place potato peelings in the pan with about 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil for 15 minutes. Drain the mixture, then rinse the pan. Cover the pan bottom with a coating of frying oil and dry it for a few minutes. Discard oil and wipe the pan with a paper towel.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- More about de Buyer
The de Buyer family has been making cookware in the French town of Val-d’Ajol since 1830. The family-owned company originally crafted pots and cauldrons for cooking over a live fire using iron ore extracted from the region. Pairing modern technology with a timeless attention to quality, De Buyer still creates cookware in the classic French shapes and materials traditionally used in professional kitchens. In addition to copper and iron collections, the company also offers stainless-steel and nonstick lines to meet the needs of today’s home cooks.