Yogurt Dip with Garlic, Mint and Dill
- 2 cups plain yogurt (store-bought or homemade)
(see related recipe at left)
- About 1/2 English (hothouse) cucumber, peeled,
halved and seeded
- Salt, to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed in a mortar or minced
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 tsp. fresh lemon juice
Meanwhile, using the large holes on a handheld grater-shredder, grate enough cucumber to measure 1 cup. Spread out the grated cucumber on paper towels, salt lightly and let drain for 15 minutes.
In a bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, mint, dill, olive oil and lemon juice, to taste. Stir to mix well, then season with salt.
Transfer to a bowl and serve.